Fairfield County Truck Accident FAQs
- I've been in a Fairfield County truck accident. Should I get a lawyer?
- What information do law firms look for when investigating a trucking company?
- What damages can I recover after a truck accident in Fairfield County?
- Can I file a lawsuit after a Fairfield County truck accident?
- How much does it cost to hire a Fairfield County truck accident lawyer?
Yes. Truck accidents often are much more complex and confusing than accidents between two passenger vehicles. For one, trucking companies and their insurance companies launch an immediate investigation after the wreck. The goal is to find ways to minimize the trucking company's fault. They will look for ways to keep payments out of your pocket. By retaining an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible, you can have someone on your side, looking out for your interests. Once you have representation, you can let your attorney be your voice.
By hiring a lawyer to deal directly with the truck company and its insurance company, you take an important step toward obtaining the compensation you need to get your life back on track. An experienced Fairfield County truck accident lawyer can uncover the true cause of your accident and hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies responsible for their actions. Don't settle for less than you deserve. Contact us today. Vishno Law Firm is ready to protect your rights.
If you are represented by Vishno Law Firm, we will investigate the trucking company responsible for your accident to make sure it followed all the state and federal laws governing trucking companies, including:
- Documentation the trucking company hired licensed truck drivers
- Records indicating the trucking company:
- Provided truck drivers with mandatory rest periods
- Did not overload tractor-trailer trucks
- Did not hire truck drivers with a history of truck driving accidents
- Maintenance records verifying the trucking company made necessary repairs
No two accidents are the same, so the damages will vary case by case. In general, truck accident victims often pursue compensation for the following losses after accidents in Bridgeport, Stamford, Shelton, Danbury or anywhere else in Fairfield County:
- Medical bills
- Cost of future care
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Pain, suffering and emotional distress
- Punitive damages (damages designed to punish particularly reckless drivers)
Bear in mind that you may be entitled to other damages. Don't hesitate to call Vishno Law Firm to tell us about your situation.
Yes. While we often reach fair settlements for our clients in truck accident cases, sometimes we need to take the case to trial. After reviewing the details of your truck accident with Attorney Jeremy Vishno of Vishno Law Firm, you may learn you have grounds to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent truck driver or trucking company that caused the accident. At your discretion, and only after all legal options have been thoroughly explored, we can file a personal injury claim in the appropriate Connecticut court. The choice is ultimately up to you. After all, that's why we're here: to build the most solid and successful legal strategy on your behalf.
At Vishno Law Firm, we believe truck accident victims from all walks of life have a right to access the state's courts. If you have little or no money to your name, you can still afford to hire experienced legal counsel. As contingency fee attorneys, we require no up-front fees. You only pay us if we obtain a favorable verdict or settlement on your behalf. It's that simple. Contact a Fairfield County truck accident lawyer today. Call 888-222-1688 to schedule a free case consultation at our Fairfield or New Haven office locations.